Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Triangle Patchwork Quilt Cover


I made this when I first got married. I wanted something quick but didn't want to make another patchwork using squares. Instead, I used triangles. I alternated the triangles so that it would form diagonals of pinks and diagonals of blues. I also didn't want another quilt as I was given some as gifts so I decided to make it into a quilt cover. What this meant is that I didn't sew a wadding layer in between the top patchwork layer and the backing fabric. Instead, I sewed buttons along one edge so that a quilt (or doona) could be slipped in and out. Afterall, we can't have too many quilt covers!

As usual, when sewing patchwork, you have to sew the rows first then join rows together.







No comments:

Post a Comment