Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Sunday 30 October 2016

Turn Your Broken China Into Jewellery


I have a lot of antique English fine bone china that I've collected over the years. Most of them are in excellent condition but sometimes I do come across old, worn out pieces or broken pieces. 

Accidents do happen. Take for example my antique Foley Wileman set below. When I heard the ching of broken china my heart nearly stopped. My husband accidentally dropped something on it. This set was from the early 19th century.



So what do I do with all my broken or old pieces? Well I used to make mosaic pieces with them.

But recently, I've discovered broken china jewellery. They are exquisite so I've decided to try my hands at a few.

Brooches

 To make the brooches, first I drew the shape onto the china then used a glass cutter to cut it out. I then sanded the edges so that it became smooth. After this I attached the brooch attachment to the back.


Pendants & Necklaces

To make the pendants, first I drew and cut the shape out of the broken china and sanded the edges. Then I attached the jump ring to the bail plate using a jewellery plier. Next, I glued the bail onto the back of the broken china piece. When it dried I threaded a chain through it.


You could, of course, drill a hole into the broken china shape and then attach a jump ring but I haven't learnt how to use a drill yet without breaking the china. I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment