Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Sunday 25 November 2012

Small Mosaic Boxes


This is a tiny mosaic box great for storing rings, earrings, keys, coins etc. The box used was a craft box made out of hard board. I made a mosaic of the top of the lid then painted the sides. I picked out the heart design of the mosaic and painted the heart on the sides of the box.



It was so quick to do because of the size (about 6cm on the long side). Since it was so easy to make that I held a class for children and these were what they made:


I asked the children to think of a simple picture to put in the middle of the lid. For example, a heart, flower or initial. They used the tiles to make the pattern then lay more tiles for the background and finally a border. There were some really lovely designs but I didn't have a chance to photograph those. What designs will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment