Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Patched Heart Cushion


This cushion has two things going for it: heart and jean. The blue fabric surrounding the heart is made from a jean fabric. If you have a pair of old jeans then you could cut that up and use it. For the heart, I've decided to go with a blue theme so I've chosen a blue floral cotton fabric.


You can sort of see that the heart itself is made up of triangles and squares - this is the basis of patchwork. I've then decided to frame the cushion with a pale blue broderie anglaise lace edging, which I've gathered and made into a ruffle.

Free full instructions.

Here are other sewing projects that used this patchwork heart:
Patchwork Baby Girl Quilt
Patchwork Baby Boy Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment