Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Heart Decorations

 

Do you have someone that you want to say "I love you" to? Your mum, dad, grandparents, spouse, children? These make lovely tokens of affection and are so quick and easy to make!


  1. Chose a heart shape that you like and cut out 2 pieces from fabric. 
  2. Place the 2 pieces together with right sides facing and sew around the edge, leaving a 4cm (about 2 inches) gap unsewn.
  3. Turn the heart inside out and fill it with stuffing.
  4. Hand sew the gap close.
  5. Hand sew a piece of ribbon to the top of the heart.
To decorate the hearts:

a. With beads: Hand sew the beads around the edges in a design of your choice. Also add beads to the fabric itself. Since the fabric that I used had tiny rose buds I beaded each of the buds.

b. With lace: If you like to have a lace edge then in step 2, pin the lace between the 2 fabric hearts around the edge and sew through the 3 layers around the edge.

These hearts are on the reverse side of the hearts above. I actually made each side of the heart different. The one on the top left looks like a strawberry - oh, I think my next project is going to be fruit decorations! Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment