Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Flower Buttons Cushion


I had a phase where I was making everything with buttons (see children's bag). This cushion was the result of one of them. It was very simple.

First I appliqued the 5 petals on (looking at it now I should have made 6 petals for a more symmetrical look. I might make another with 6 and in different fabrics and see how that works out). I used the sewing machine to applique. It was much quicker.



Then I appliqued the centre of the flower.

The buttons were sewn in next.

Lastly, the back of the cushion was sewn to the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment