Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Sunday 30 June 2013

Easy Patchwork Cushions


These cushions remind me of spring and will brighten up an old lounge. The left and right cushions are the most basic patchwork cushions to make - joining 3 or 4 pieces of fabric together to form a square. They all have a plain bright apple green backing.

Cushion 1 (left):
1. Sew a small rectangle piece (pink) to a larger rectangle piece (green).
2. Sew the bottom edge of the 2 joined piece to another rectangle piece (floral).



Cushion 2 (right):
1. Sew a small rectangle piece (floral) to a larger rectangle piece (green floral).
2. Sew a large rectangle piece (green) to a smaller rectangle piece (pick).
3. Sew the 2 pieces together, making sure a small rectangle piece is on the top left and the other small rectangle is on the bottom right.

Cushion 3 (middle):
1. Cut 3 long pieces of fabrics and sew them lengthwise together.
2. Cut the joined piece into equal size square blocks by cutting across all 3 fabrics.
3. How you join the 4 pieces of square together is up to you and will produce different effects. The way I sewed them produced a windmill effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment