Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Vegetable Patch Apron and Matching Bag


For school, my 12 year old niece had to make an apron. The girls were given a simple apron shape to cut out but they could add whatever they wanted to embellish it. I wished I had taken a photo of hers. She had a few bling on her apron. but she said that hers was nothing compared to the other girls - some of them looked like wedding dresses. I could only imagine!

After seeing my niece's apron, I was inspired to make my own. The apron above is my design using the same basic pattern as my niece's. The only difference is the bottom bit where I added the contrasting ruffles and bit on top. I also added the pocket in the middle front. It was very easy to make and I can see why the teacher chose for the girls to sew an apron.

Below is a matching bag that I made - great for grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment