Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Simple Bright Little Bags to Sew for Little Kids


What female doesn't love bags? I made these ones for my little nieces. They are a version of the strip bag

There are only 3 rectangle pieces: the printed larger rectangle at the bottom, a thin coloured strip for the middle and a slightly larger rectangle strip for the top.

Once you have your strips, sew them together along the long sides. The front and back of the bag is the same so you'd need two of each strips.

Place the two sewn pieces facing each other and matching the seams, you then sew along the two sides and the bottom, leaving one of the sides (top side) free. 

It's simlpest to hem the opening and attach the straps. But I lined it with black fabric so that it could be reversible. 

And there you have a simple little bag. They are bright and fun. So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment