Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Thursday 21 April 2016

Tea Party Invitation Cards


Recently, I've started a vintage tea hire business to make use of my collection of tea sets (you can head on over to Antique Tea Service Hire on Facebook or Instagram and like or follow to view my collections if you like to look at beautiful things). 

I'm busy preparing for a Mother's Tea and made these invitations to send out. This was how I've made them.

Step 1
Select 2 papers that complement each other and cut out these shapes.

Step 2
Choose your cards to complement the papers. Glue the larger oval to the card first, then the cup and then the smaller oval. Add a strand of diamonte in a complementary colour to the tea cup.

Step 3
For the inside of the card, glue a plain light coloured paper onto the card, then cut out a teapot shape and glue it in the corner and finally write in your message.

Step 4
For the envelope, cut out and glue a teapot shape in the corner and then address it.

Here's a video of what the cards look like.
https://youtu.be/Ji0kb-G1gn0

No comments:

Post a Comment