Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Thursday 5 May 2016

Pattern for a Crochet Camouflage Bottle Holder



As you might or might not know, one of my son is into survival gear so I thought I’d make him a bottle holder in a camouflage pattern. For what is survival without water?

It is pretty hard to crochet a camouflage pattern as crochet is done in rows. So basically to make it camouflage it’s done using camouflage colours of greens and brown. I looked into my stash of yarn and came up with these three colours. It would have been better if had a brown in there but I worked with what I had.

First, I was going to do it all in even number of rows of each colour but then I thought that camouflage is rather random so I decided to do it in random rows of the three colours.

Also, I tried to follow this pattern but I didn’t quite understand all the abbreviated instructions so I followed this one from row 1-5 (I’ve used this for another bottle holder as well) then switched to this at row 6-8.

I’ll rewrite the pattern that I used below it’ll save you from switching patterns.

Materials

5mm crochet hook

1 ball or leftovers each in pale green, khaki, brown/beige

Instructions

Round 1: Use the pale green and make 2 chains stitches. Make 6 single crochet (sc – for US) or double crochet (dc – for Australian/UK) into the second chain. [6 sts]

Round 2: Make 2 sc (dc) in each stitch (st). [12 sts]

Round 3: Make 2 sc (dc) in the first st, sc (dc) in the next st. Repeat 2sc (dc), 1sc (dc) to the end of the round. [18 sts]

Round 4: Make 2 sc (dc) in the first st, sc (dc) in the next 2 sts. Repeat to the end of the round. [24 sts]

Round 5: Make 2 sc (dc) in the first st, sc (dc) in the next 3 sts. Repeat to the end of the round. [30 sts]

Round 6: Make 2 sc (dc) in the first st, then in the next 4 sts make a sc (dc) in each. Repeat this pattern to the end of the round. [36 sts]

Round 7: sc (dc) in the back loops only of each st. [36 sts]

Round 8: sc (dc) in both loops of each st. [36 sts]

Continue in sc (dc) in each st until you’ve reached the desired length. You can randomly change colours after any round. Below is the colour pattern that I’ve used.

3 rows of pale green

3 khaki

2 beige

1 green

2 khaki

3 beige

3 green

2 khaki

3 beige

2 green

3 khaki

1 beige

3 green

2 khaki

For the strap: Make 182 chain stitches,

Row 1: sc (dc) to the end.

Row 2: Make 1 chain stitch, sc (dc) to the end.

Repeat row 2 four times.

The colours I used were: 3 green, 2 khaki and 1 beige.

Once you have the strap, you then sew it onto the bottle holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment