Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Saturday 2 March 2013

Patchwork Lap Quilts

 

If you are ever daunted at making large sized quilts then you should try your hands at lap quilts. Each one is about 1 metre by 1 metre. They are excellent for placing over the lap when sitting on cool autumn or spring days and nights. Since they are smaller than a single or queen size quilt they are so quick and easy to make.

For the above quilts, I had enough scrap fabrics to make the two.  The design is the same but they have slight variations that show how placing the triangles and squares in slightly different arrangements we can make slightly different quilts. That's the beauty of patchwork. If I had more fabric then I could have made other variations. So what designs can you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment