Do you like to sew and make things and are looking for ideas and instructions? You will find them here. In my spare time I like to sew and make crafts. Sometimes, I teach adult and children how to sew and make things as well. I'm not a professional seamstress or artist so my projects tend to be on the easy side, hence, the name of my sewing & craft blog is 'Sew Easy So Crafty'.

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Easy Fun Unusual Scarves to Knit


I've been experimenting with the different yarns available to knit scarves with. These are the basic garter stitch scarves but made with different types of yarns. They are so fluffy and feel so soft around your neck. It feels like you're wearing a fur stole!

Cream Scarf: Cast on 20 stitches using 7.5mm needles and knit using garter stitch until desired length. I used three 50g balls of fuzzy yarn.


Pink Scarf: Cast on 30 stitches using 6mm needles and knit using garter stitch until desired length. I used three 50g balls of fluffy yarn.


Multi-coloured Beige Scarf: Cast on 30 stitches using 6mm needles and knit using garter stitch until desired length. I used two 50g balls of fluffyy yarn.


A word of caution with these yarn is that they are hard to see because of all the fluff sticking out. I have dropped many stitches which watching tv or talking. I had to really look down at the stitches while I was knitting.


For something different, I used this yarn which is a type of netting. It's not your usual knitting. It's a bit hard to explain but the instructions are on the packaging of the yarn. 



Most of these scarves I've made and given them to my nieces and friends' children. They make really great gifts that are easy, quick, unusual and pretty. So if you want something different try knitting with different yarns.

4 comments:

  1. I miss knitting and crochet badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to learn how to crochet. IA that's on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's VERY easy! And projects end up faster than knitting. And for girls they allow gorgeous patterns :-)

      Delete
    2. I know. I've seen those pretty crochet patterns and always envied those who can do them. IA one day.

      Delete